Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Be Like Christ

I am pretty sure that I've read this verse a million and 7 times, but it always reminds me of what I can improve on in my life. 

Philippians 2: 3-4 says "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

               It sounded much simpler to me than it does when I actually try to put it into practice. As humans, we can be very selfish and self-satisfying. When I tell a good story (as I often like to do), I do that because 1) I know I can be a good story teller, but also 2) I like hearing people approve of what I do. Is that wrong?

             Heaven knows that it's not my intention to be selfish, so is there something that describes what I do if it's not selfishness? I won't try to justify this because I can't, but when it comes down to caring for people, I want to be able to do it the way Jesus Christ did it. He told stories to save souls.

          I encourage you, dear reader, to take time to grapple with this verse (and the passage in general which talks about humility) and see how much better our world would be if we all had this mentality. I guess next time I tell a story, it should be for the uplifting of others, making them see the Jesus in me 'cause I'm trying to be like Christ.

Alright homies, until next time.

Much love, peace and selfless grease,

Ife 'Quipayan' S.

No comments:

Post a Comment