Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 2: 6 minute Blog

Now it's a 5 minute blog.
The passage that I read today is from James 4: 1-10. It really made me think about my life.


It talks about the way we should submit ourselves to God and how we don't get what we ask for (when we ask things from God) because we have wrong intentions and do not plan on using this request/gift for HIS glory. Only for our good. I know I do that. I rarely even get to the asking in vain part because I don't spend enough time pleading for my cases or things that I really want. Why? Because I have the mentality that God already knows, which He does, but to show that I really want this, I have to also ask for it myself.


2 minutes.


James 4:1-10 also made me think about where I am in my humility. Am I even humble? I know that I've openly confessed my sin of pride (which I sometimes do it proudly), so my humility is not where it needs to be. The scripture is funny about illustrating pride and submission. It says: "Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom.10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."


Essentially, make yourself low and God will increase, making you be lifted up. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment