Thursday, April 2, 2015

BookMANIA

Dear Fellow Citizens of the World,

Happy Spring Break 2015! Whaat!? Well, I'm on Spring Break, that is. I don't know about you, but whatever season of your life you're in, celebrate it.

In the last 2 years since I've written a post, here are the major life updates you need to know:
1. I'm living in the city of my dreams: the DMV--DC.Maryland.Virginia. Set out in June 2013 and haven't looked back. It will be my 2 year anniversary in 2 months and I'm beyond thrilled!
2. I'm the office director of an education company in Virginia and killin' the game (by God's grace).
3. I'm 25. Yep. That happened a few weeks ago.
4. I started learning Portuguese, but haven't set up a consistent learning schedule so I'm basic at best.
5. I attend an amazing church that has been my source of community and strength since moving to the DMV.
6. I've been acting, performing and dancing all over the area and so glad I get to use my talents for good.

If you have questions about any of these updates, feel free to let me know and I'd be more than happy to share my experience with you!

The point of this blog!!:
I'm working through my personal library. While doing some spring cleaning, I realized there were a large number of books I've never actually finished or read. My goal is to blog about these books as a means of keeping track of what I'm reading, but also sharing my thoughts with others.

It would be great if I can finish them all this year, so I'm supposed to be reading at least 4 books a month! YIKES! In attempts to balance, I've chosen to read a fictional, educational, spiritual and professional book each month. Here's the list (don't laugh, I need to purchase more books!):

April:
*Jesus Is...
*El Cuaderno Rojo
*Now, Discover Your Strength
*Development Projects for the New Millennium

May:
Pinochet and Me
Following Jesus in the "Real World"
The Slight Edge
One Thousand Gifts

June:
David & Goliath
Fidel Castro: My Life
When God Writes Your Love Story
China's Congo Plan

July:
Tales of the Not Forgotten
Die Empty
Beyond the Snows of the Andes
Small Group Leaders' Handbook

August:
The Bottom Billion
Cherished
Intimacy with the Almighty
One Hundred Years of Solitude

September:
Jesus with Dirty Feet
Live the Dream: No More Excuses
My Life My Africa
Faithful

October:
Please Don't Bomb the Suburbs
The Radical Disciple
Smile
Your Road Map for Success

November:
The Power to Dream
Redeeming Love
Breaking the Rules
Nelson Mandela: The Life of a Super Legend

December:
Leading Life-Changing Small Groups
The Palm-Wine Drinkard
Veinte Poemas de Amor
59 Seconds: Change your life in under a minute

Guess what. There are books that didn't make it on the list. I had a few last minutes changes to include my Kindle e-books so that expanded my list. Four books a month is a lofty goal, but I believe it'll be an amazing experience.

Action plan: Blog Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
Vision: Spend less time watching TV, and more time growing mentally.

Here goes! Wishing you the best this week, and that you find goals to pursue,
-Ife 'Quipayan' S.

No comments:

Post a Comment